Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water
Posted on June 01 2014
Water = life
In our previous blog post, Water: the substance of life, we established that water is of major importance to all living things and that water has played a critical role in survival ever since their inception. So what exactly are the benefits of drinking water?
There are almost an infinite number of reasons to drink water. Water is so beneficial, so easy, so “free” yet so easily overlooked.
In humans, water acts as both a solvent and a delivery mechanism, dissolving essential vitamins and nutrients from food and delivering them to cells. Our body also uses water to flush out toxins, provide a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues, regulate body temperature and aid our metabolism.
In this blog post, we will take you through our top 10 benefits of drinking water and, show you why we need to drink water every day.
Top 10 benefits of drinking water
- Water ensures that nutrients are delivered to cells. It is essential for proper digestion, nutrient absorption and chemical reactions. Food is metabolized and transported by water in the bloodstream.
- Water ensures that toxins and waste products are removed from cells. No less important is the ability of water to transport waste material and toxins. Water is essential for the body to sweat and release toxins.
- Water boosts the immune system. Not drinking enough water can lead to Chronic Cellular Dehydration. This is the state in which an individual’s cells are chronically dehydrated. This might lead to a weakening of the immune system, and subsequently cause vulnerability to other diseases.
- Water regulates body temperature. Water helps limit changes in body temperature in a warm or a cold environment. Water allows the body to release heat when ambient temperature is higher than body temperature. The body begins to sweat, and the evaporation of water from the skin surface cools the body.
- Water is vital to electrolyte balance. Dehydration and subsequent loss of vital electrolytes can lead to a whole range of negative side-effects such as dizziness, tiredness and exhaustion, fainting, confusion, heart arrhythmias and even heart failure, in severe cases causing death. It is therefore essential to drink adequate quantities of water, particularly if you engage in an active lifestyle.
- Water keeps skin healthy and glowing. Keeping your skin hydrated with enough water will reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Water increases your mental and physical performance. It allows red blood cells to carry oxygen more efficiently, resulting in better muscular function and increased mental activity.
- Water can prevent headaches. Water is a natural headache remedy. Water helps relieve and prevent headaches, which can also be a direct result of dehydration.
- Water helps prevent muscle cramps and joint pain. Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely to occur.
- Water helps reduce cancer risks to the colon, kidneys and bladder. Cancer cells, which are anaerobic organisms, cannot survive in an oxygenated medium, so they will not resist in a well-hydrated body with a good blood circulation.
Also, did you know that drinking water in the morning immediately upon waking up can kick-start your metabolism and have amazing therapeutic effects for a multitude of health conditions? There are so many benefits to drinking water. You can read them all in Dr. F. Batmanghelidj’s books
In order to reap the benefits of water, you must drink it frequently throughout the day. However, how much water should you be drinking? We will explore this topic in our next blog post “How much water should we drink?”
Water = life. Make it a bigger part of yours!
How can far infrared clothing help?
The fabric used to make the ABSOLUTE 360 garments absorbs infrared radiation emitted by the human body and re-emits the absorbed radiation as FIR waves, which interact with the human body, promoting:
- Improved lymphatic system – lymph circulation is enhanced, the result of which is improved lymphatic drainage aiding the removal of accumulated toxins.
- Improved immune system – FIR enhances and increases the amount of white blood cells and killer T-cells, which in turn increases the body’s immune response and ability to eliminate foreign pathogens and metabolic wastes.
- Improved cell metabolism – FIR stimulates cell performance and regeneration, while the increased circulation nourishes the cells with higher levels of oxygen, further improving cell health.
- Increased blood circulation – A positive by-product of improved cell metabolism is increased blood circulation to the applicable muscle group with higher levels of oxygen and optimised muscle performance.
- Improved microcirculation - FIR boosts the flow of blood to tissue throughout the body, delivering vital nutrients while increasing oxygen levels.
The benefits listed above are only the beginning towards a life of well-being. Start your “wellness” journey today…